Finding the right person for a job is always a challenge and that goes for flooring contractors as well. After all, you don’t want to rush, you want to make sure this contractor is the best one out there. Nevertheless your instincts aren’t always infallible and there might be times that you’ll find yourself hiring someone completely wrong for the job. So here are a few tips from the Federal Trade Commission on how to hire the right one:
- Search for one. You’ll start with research. Asking friends, family, neighbors and basically everyone in your network is an effective way to get names. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. You might get lucky and land the best contractor for the job with the first few names you receive from acquaintances and loved ones. If this doesn’t bring in the desired results, you could always check with review sites.
- Ask about experience. When you do find yourself a contractor, ask about their experience. If they haven’t been doing this for very long, you might be putting your floors in the hands of an amateur. If you want to make sure about the quality of the service you’ll be getting, get a contractor with enough experience—the longer, the better.
- Look for qualifications. Is the contractor licensed? This also includes hiring contractors who specialize in specific types of floors. So if you’ve got terrazzo tiles, make sure you hire terrazzo flooring contractors. This way, you know you can count on the contractor to get the done and get it done well. He’s a professional, after all.
- Get references. Then check them. This is your chance to find out about your contractor’s reputation with his other clients. If you hear nothing but glowing praises, then you can breathe a little sigh of relief, knowing your floors are about to be done by a pro.
- Never forget to ask about insurance. Better yet, ask for a copy of their insurance certificates. Check the dates. Make sure everything’s in order. If you don’t, you could end up covering the medical costs and damages to the contractor if something happens to him while he’s on the job, working on your property. The costs can be massive and put your assets in trouble especially if you haven’t got enough funds to pay off the liability costs.
Remember not to rush it. Interview as many contractors as you need until you find the one that is the best fit. Do this and you’ll be far happier with the results later on.
The Trend Group offers terrazzo flooring solutions To ask us for help or book our services, call us today!
Be the first to like.