Once a home or business suffers flood damage, the reason why is less important than getting it cleaned up and repaired as fast as possible. Professional services Flood Damage in Queen Creek AZ is necessary to get the job done right. The sooner you address the damage, cleanup, and repairs, the sooner you can get back to your normal life again. The following will cover some tips in case you experience flood damage at your home or office.
First Flood damage means water has accrued somewhere in your structure. This leaves you susceptible to safety hazards like electrical shock and/or slip and fall accidents. Be aware of these hazards when you are performing initial cleanup before the professionals arrive.
Things to Do Before the Professionals Arrive
These are a few of the things you can do before Flood Damage in Queen Creek AZ professionals find their way to the scene. While they often arrive within an hour or less, the wait time could be longer in rural areas.
1) Turn off electrical power to water damaged areas of the structure.
2) If possible, turn on the air conditioner to help dry out the affected areas.
3) If plumbing has been affected, turn off the water at its source to avoid further damage.
4) Do what you can to reduce the amount of standing water in your structure. You can use towels or a mop for this task. Do not use a wet-vac or vacuum cleaner.
5) If you have carpeting, you can blot up excess water with clean towels and remove any area rugs from wet carpeting.
6) Make an effort to move some of the lightweight pieces of furniture from your structure. Use plastic wrap to put around the legs of the heavier pieces to protect them. Use a clean towel to wipe away excess water from your furniture.
7) Move clothing, drapes, and other fabric items to a dry place either in your structure or find a way to hang them outside to dry.
If you have experienced flood damage in your home or office building, your first order of business is to call in professional help. You can handle some things in the aftermath of a flood, but professional water remediation services are able to prevent mold, mildew, and other structural problems for which you have no equipment to handle. Contact Paul Davis if you or anyone you know has suffered flood or fire damage.
Be the first to like.