Myths Associated With Business Sales Training

Whether your salespeople were thrown into the mix from other departments or came highly recommended, business sales training may still be an essential way to help them learn and develop. Most people think that selling isn’t any harder than other jobs, but they’re wrong on so many levels. Selling isn’t just about spitting out facts and asking pertinent questions (though that is part of it). It’s about so much more.

Selling Is Art

Most people are still under the assumption that selling is more about just showing up and “working your magic.” While some people seem to have a knack for selling, it’s more of a science than art. Success takes about 20 percent by showing up, but the other 80 percent is about knowing what to do and how to do it. The only way to do this is through business sales training.

The Expense Is Too Great

Running a small business is tough, and you’re always penny-pinching. However, those that say sales training is too expensive just doesn’t get it. You’ll find a variety of programs online that are designed for smaller companies, and they can usually work for a variety of budgets. It’s more about finding one that offers quality information that will help the team. Likewise, thinking about it as an investment rather than a cost will help you realize that no expense is too high when it boosts morale, helps others learn, and gives them the tools they need to sell the product.

A Small Team Doesn’t Need To Be Taught

Whether you’ve got one salesperson or 50, each one needs to be trained effectively so that they can do their job proficiently. Again, it’s about quality over quantity. That one salesperson may only close a few sales each month, so getting them trained may help you close more.

Be the first to like.

Share!

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    10 + one =

    Shares