If a friend or family member has been arrested, you may be wondering what you can do to help them. One of the best ways to help them would be to get a bond so they can get out of jail quickly. However, if you’ve never gotten a bond before, you may not be aware of the process to get a bond. You can always go to a bondsman for free advice on bail bonds, but below are the basic steps for getting a bail bond.
- You need to find a reputable company first. Find one that has great reviews, is close to the jail facility, and is open anytime day or night.
- Once you have found a company, you will want to go and talk to a bondsman. They’ll review your options for payment and let you know how much you will need to pay a percentage or the value of an item needed for collateral.
- They will then go over the bond terms that you will need to agree to. Make sure you ask any questions, as a good bail bonds company will make sure you fully understand all of the terms before you sign.
- You will need to secure the bond. You can do this by paying a percentage of the bail amount or by giving the bondsman something of value as collateral, such as the title to your home or car.
- The bondsman will go to the jail and pay the full amount of the bail. This should be done soon after you pay to avoid delays.
- The person you are helping will be released after the payment has processed. This can take some time, depending on how busy the jail is when the bail amount is paid.
Once you know the steps to getting a bail bond, you can begin looking for a bond company like Bond James Bond Inc. so that you can help your friend or family member get out of jail fast. Remember, a good bail bonds company will give you free advice on bail bonds and will walk you through the bail bonds process step by step.
Be the first to like.