Botox is the most popular botulinum toxin injection used to paralyze muscles in the target area temporarily.
Types Of Botox
• Type A – This type is mostly used to address facial wrinkles and fine lines. Your specialist can choose onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox), incobotulinumtoxinA (Xeomin), abobotulinumtoxinA (Dysport), prabotulinumtoxinA (Jeuveau), or daxibotulinumtoxinA (Daxxify).
• Type B – These are mostly used to treat neck spasms and other muscle issues. It is mostly marketed and sold as rimabotulinumtoxinB (Myobloc).
What It Addresses
• Wrinkles or fine lines between your eyebrows, commonly known as glabellar lines, elevens, or frown lines
• Horizontal lines on your forehead
• Lines at the sides and corners of the mouth
• Crow’s feet or wrinkles around your eyes
• Excess skin on the chin
• Neck spasms
• Lazy eye
• Bladder issues
After your doctor determines you are a good candidate, they will clean your face and dilute the Botox powder in a saline solution. They then use fine needles to inject the solution into your target area. They will ask you to frown to help them determine the best place to inject the solution.
The procedure takes around ten minutes but can differ depending on your target area plus your issue’s severity. You should avoid getting Botox if you are expectant or breastfeeding, have a skin infection, or have a neuromuscular problem like myasthenia gravis.
The results start showing after two or three days, but in some rare cases, it can take up to five days. Your doctor will give you instructions on how to avoid migration and deal with side effects.
The results can last three to six months, depending on how well you care for your skin, meaning you should schedule another appointment.
• Redness, bruising, and swelling on the injection site
• An upset stomach
• Temporary eye drooping
• Dry eyes
• Headache or flu-like symptoms
Contour Aesthetics + Wellness is a trusted cosmetic center for aesthetic and medical treatments like fillers, body contouring, and Botox Charleston SC. Call or text them and book an appointment online at https://contourlook.com/.
Be the first to like.