The Federal Americans with Disabilities Act and the Fair Employment and Housing Act were both established to protect people from being discriminated against for being disabled. According to the laws, a workplace is not allowed to discriminate against employees that are disabled. In addition to making reasonable accommodations to help the employee to perform their job such as adjusted work hours or providing the equipment required to complete their job tasks. A Los Angeles Disability Discrimination Lawyer offers the legal advice required for anyone that is being discriminated against at work. Plus, provide the services to help them obtain the accommodations to perform their job if their employee is refusing to make the changes.
Types of Discrimination
- They are terminated from their job after it is determined the individual is disabled.
- A Los Angeles Disability Discrimination Lawyer can help in cases where the individual received a decrease in their salary or have been demoted after reporting their disability.
- Denied time off required because of their disability.
- Adjustments are not made to help the individual continue performing their job.
- An employer refuses to hire an individual because they are disabled.
- The employer uses the individual’s disability as a reason not to promote them within the company.
Fight Unfairness with a Trusted Attorney
When you have been unfairly judged in the workplace due to a disability, you have a right to be compensated for your discrimination. The Law Offices of Jual F. Reyes offers the services you require to help prevent discrimination in the workplace. They can provide the legal advice you need to protect your rights and assist in filing a lawsuit when you have been a victim of disability discrimination. Whether you are fighting for accommodations to be made to help you continue working in the same position or financial compensation for being wrongfully terminated. You can rely on their firm to provide the services and support you require during a sensitive legal issue.
Be the first to like.