There are certain things to look for when it comes to calling a professional furnace repair service. Along with routine maintenance and annual inspections, knowing the signs of trouble will help you keep your heating system functioning properly all through the winter months.
Look Your Furnace Over Routinely
You should be looking your furnace over routinely throughout the winter season along with having routine check-ups done. The furnace repair Mayfair and Irving Park residents rely on will trouble shoot any major problems. In the meantime, you can call American Home Heating if you notice any of the following.
• Noises – Sounds that you don’t normally hear while the furnace is running.
• Yellow Flame – The flame should be blue. A yellow flame is an indication of a carbon monoxide leak.
• Insufficient Heat – If you are constantly having to turn the thermostat up, you may have a problem within the system.
Warning Signs While Using the Furnace
You can also find more subtle clues that your furnace needs repair while you are using it in the winter.
• Electricity Usage – Monthly heating bills that continue to increase even though your rates and usage have not changed are a good indication that your furnace has a problem that needs taken care of.
• Conditions in the Home – Excessive dust, as well as dry air can also be signs of trouble. These conditions could aggravate health problems such as allergies and asthma if left untreated.
Calling a professional at the first signs of trouble will keep your heating system functioning properly throughout the cold season. When looking for furnace repair, Mayfair and Irving Park residents can count on American Home Heating. Call today to book your appointment. Follow us on twitter.
1 person likes this post.