Rats are one of the most dangerous types of home pest infestations. If you have rats in your home then they may be nesting in the attic or crawl space, which is also the areas of your home where the majority of insulation and wiring are installed. Rats are notorious for chewing through electrical wiring, which poses an extreme risk of fire. They also leave massive amounts of droppings/urine in the space where they are nesting as well as just about anywhere they go, which can make the air unfit to breathe. If you notice signs of rats in or around your home, a professional rat control service can help you to get rid of those pesky rats. It is also important to note that you should not attempt to get rid of a rat infestation on your own because undomesticated rats are typical hosts to many different diseases, and you will be at risk of getting bit.
Evidence of a Rat Infestation
There are several signs which may indicate you have an infestation of rats living in your Tampa home, including:
- Rat droppings near food sources.
- Holes in boxes of food in the cabinets.
- Chewed up the flooring. Shredded insulation.
- Lights and electrical appliances which continually short out.
Interior Rat Prevention
After you have contacted an emergency rat control company to get rid of the rat infestation, it is essential that you take the appropriate steps to prevent another infestation. Some of the interior prevention tips you can take include:
- Rats are attracted to food, so it is essential that you clean up spills and crumbs as soon as they happen and to keep all non-canned food items properly secured.
- Rats typically will not go around ammonia, so routinely clean the kitchen countertops and floors with an ammonia-based cleaner.
- Sprinkle a few drops of peppermint oil around the baseboards and window frames to prevent rats from entering your home.
- One of the most overlooked places which attract rats in the oven, so it is important to routinely clean the oven to remove oil and grease from the sides, back and top of the stove.
- Rats are nocturnal pests, so they will scavenge through your home while your family is sleeping. It is important to wash the dishes and empty all trash cans before going to bed at night.
One of the best benefits of contacting a rat control company in Phoenix AZ, is that the technician will typically walk around the perimeter of your home and point out any possible access points for rats to get in the house. To prevent a re-infestation of rats, it is important to seal any cracks, holes, and crevices which you notice or that the technician makes you aware of. Store garbage cans away from the house and keep the lids on tight. Rats will also use the roof, gutters and tree limbs to find their way inside, so make sure the gutters and roof are in good condition and tree branches are trimmed away from the house. If you are concerned about a possible rat infestation in Phoenix, AZ, for the safety of your family, contact professional rat control company as soon as possible.
1 person likes this post.