Dental sealants in Vernon are a great preventive measure that can help to promote good oral health. They are typically applied on children’s teeth but can be applied at any age. Dental sealants in Vernon can be quickly applied and are painless.
Cavities afflict everyone at every age. While sealants are typically applied to children’s teeth and adolescent teeth they can be applied to any teeth that do not have cavities or fillings. Here are some quick facts about sealants:
- They are “painted” on by a dental professional
- It is a polymer (plastic) that adheres to the grooves in the teeth where cavities typically form
- Sealants are applied to the molars and the premolars to help prevent cavities
- They can last for up to ten years
- They can also be applied to baby teeth in the case where the teeth have deep grooves
- The process is painless
- You can not feel sealants
- They do not alter the taste of food
- Sealants are simply thin layers of plastic that are applied to teeth to keep bacteria from getting in the hard to brush crevices and grooves of the molar and premolars. They are completely safe and a great preventive measure.
Cavities are painful and can spread quickly, the biggest benefits of having sealants applied is to keep cavities from forming in healthy teeth. Most dental insurance will cover the cost of sealants for children under the age of 18, but you can check with your insurance company about coverage over the age of 18. Sealants can make brushing and flossing more beneficial, think of it as an added layer of protection. Dr. Elwood Astleford Inc. can help you learn more about the great benefits of having sealants applied.
For more information, you can contact Dr. Elwood Astleford Inc. or https://drastleford.com/
Address: 2815 35th Street, Vernon, BC V1T 6B6
Be the first to like.