With the advent of so many new cannabis products—from CBD cream to cannabis oil for pain—it can be challenging to know how to apply all of the new science and products to your life and body, speaking both literally and metaphorically.
However, with so much to be gained from Cannabis oil, it’s more than worthwhile to go through that learning process. Let’s build a deeper understanding of cannabis oil and its uses. What is Cannabis oil? What are the most popular forms of cannabis oil? How can one use this oil to benefit your health?
What is cannabis oil?
Cannabis oil is a broad term that refers to oil extracted from cannabis plants.
There are many varieties of cannabis plants and thus many kinds of oils available on the market. The two primary naturally-occurring compounds in cannabis include THC, a high-inducing compound, and CBD, which bonds with different endocannabinoid receptors in the body and has been evidenced in various studies to help with pain, sleep irregularities, epilepsy, and emotional regulation.
Different types of cannabis oils, therefore, can serve a wide range of functions and purposes, but all are derived from the cannabis plant.
What are the most popular forms of cannabis oil?
Different strains of cannabis have different levels of each of these compounds. In some states, it’s legal to use cannabis oils high in THC for a variety of medicinal and recreational purposes.
However, most CBD oil is extremely low in THC, and many varieties have no THC at all. This eliminates the psychoactive component associated with cannabis and leaves the consumer with a wide range of health benefits.
It’s important to remember that the science surrounding CBD oil for pain relief and Cannabis oil, in general, is very much in its early stages. It’s a young discipline with a lot of growth ahead of it. On the other hand, the science and body of research is growing by leaps and bounds every day. Scientists from around the world gather at cannabinoid research conventions and a number of studies suggest that CBD oil can be effective for many different purposes, as shown below.
What are the most popular forms of CBD oil in particular?
- Some people choose to keep it simple and apply CBD oil topically as-is.
- For one thing, CBD oil is less messy when included in creams. This makes it easier to use topically with less mess and spillage.
- While the legality around putting CBD oil in food is still being debated, there are a number of events, such as the World Food Championships that feature high-end chefs experimenting with ingestible CBD. Stay up to date on federal and state legislation to know when this might be an option for you.
What are the most popular uses and applications of CBD oil?
- Pain, inflammation, and arthritis
- As seen in the studies cited above, there is a growing body of evidence to support cannabis oil for pain relief. Creams and rubs are especially popular forms for this purpose.
- Anxiety and depression
- CBD has become widespread amongst consumers for mitigating and managing anxiety. There are studies to back up the efficacy and potential of CBD oil for a number of anxiety disorders, including Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety, Post-traumatic stress disorder, Panic disorder, and more.
- Many of those same studies concerning anxiety have also demonstrated that CBD oil helps regulate sleep. Regulating sleep can have many beneficial effects throughout the rest of a patient’s everyday life.
These are just a few of the uses of CBD. Let’s apply these broad uses to some specific examples.
These are just a few of the possible applications of CBD oil for pain relief.
If you want pain relief from a product that does not induce dependency, doesn’t slow you down and helps you lead a fuller and richer life, then CBD cream may be an excellent choice for you.
Be the first to like.