Eyelid surgery, also called blepharoplasty, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is carried out to improve the appearance of your eyelids. Surgery can be carried out on both the upper and lower lids, removing many cosmetic concerns people have with the appearance of their eyes. If you have drooping eyelids, fatty deposits or wrinkles, Eyelid Surgery in CT can help. You will be amazed at how much younger you will look, once you have this procedure done on your eyes. Eyelid surgery is used to correct:
- Sagging eyelids that create folds around the eyes and even cause vision disturbances. These folds can disrupt the natural appearance of the eye and make you look tired and older.
- Bags under the eyes are not always caused by a lack of sleep. If you are suffering with bags under your eyes, you constantly appear tired. These can be corrected through Eyelid Surgery in CT.
- The surgeon can also remove fatty deposits around your eyes, which make them appear puffy and swollen.
- Sometimes, people have droopy lower eyelids, which cause the white of their eye to show below their iris. Through a simple surgical procedure, this can be easily corrected.
- If you have wrinkles under your eyes, these can be removed through eyelid surgery so you appear more youthful.
This surgery is carried out in a manner so as to reduce any scarring as much as possible. Incisions can be made just above or below the lash line, so the scars are hidden by your lashes. The latest procedures for eye surgery can also allow for incisions to be made inside the lids, so there are no visible scars at all.
After you have this procedure carried out, you may experience some pain and discomfort in and around your eyes. Swelling and bruising are common. You will need to protect your eyes from the sun while they are healing. Your surgeon will most likely provide you with a special pair of protective eyewear, to prevent any damage to your healing eyes.
For more information on eyelid surgery, contact your plastic surgeon. Allow them to schedule you for a consultation appointment so you can learn if this surgical procedure can help you.
Be the first to like.