As an employer, you need to pay attention to employment law requirements. This is by following regulations and ensuring that you educate your employees of their rights under the statutes. Failing to adhere to the government set rules and regulations could land you in deep trouble to the extent of being jailed. Here are several federal rules and regulations that you should understand and comply with:
1. Civil Rights Act of 1964: this statute prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of races, genders, religions or origins as well sexual discrimination relating to pregnancy or sexual harassment.
2. The Equal Pay Act of 1966: under this statute, employers are prohibited from paying different salaries and wages to people who do the same job under similar working conditions.
3. Americans with disability Act: this statute protects persons with disability from being discriminated by their employers.
4. Bankruptcy Act: this statute seeks to protect anyone who has been declared bankrupt from any form of discrimination.
5. Occupation Safety and Health Act: this regulation outlines guidelines about safety and health of all employees and employers in the country.
In addition to the above set rules and regulations, you need to ensure that you are fully compliant with the state regulations. Any state is at liberty to set new rules and regulations to compliment the federal employment law. For instance, the state of California has enforced regulations covering several areas such unemployment labor insurance, leasing labor and temporary services.
You should never hesitate to seek legal help from competent companies as an employer so that you avoid the risk of being sued. In the modern world, more and more people are aware of their rights and as an employer you should be keen never to violate them so as to avoid unnecessary litigation.
If you are in need of a competent lawyer to assist you identify all the legal loopholes that might otherwise land you in problems, you should engage a competent legal company. Ohyan Law Group remains committed and focused towards providing legal counsel on employee agreements, worker’s compensation and contract manuals. The company boasts of highly qualified legal team who will do all it takes to ensure their clients receive the best possible legal assistance. Follow us on Facebook!
Be the first to like.